Monday, May 12, 2008

Earthquake

On Monday, afternoon there was an earthquake in the middle of China. You can read about it here. The crazy thing is that I felt it! I had off from work for a public holiday, Buddha's Birthday, and I was working on my jewelry. Suddenly, I felt dizzy and a bit queasy, and I grabbed the table to steady myself. I could feel the building moving. At first, I thought it was just me, but then I was certain the building was moving. I wasn't scared. In actuality, a building as tall as ours, 80 stories, does sway on a regular basis, so I assumed it was normal movement that we just never felt before. A while later, I did wonder if it could have been an earthquake, but I didn't realize China experienced them, otherwise, Hong Kong couldn't have such tall buildings. It was wild.

1 comment:

kelly said...

that's freaky! looking forward to vacay pics...