Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trip to the US

Our trip to the US was very good and very busy. Laura and Marcus' wedding was the primary reason for the trip. The wedding was super fun, and Laura and Marcus seemed to enjoy themselves too. The evening went by in a blink. It was good to see everyone, but I wish I had more time to chat and catch up. Regretfully, I didn't get around to taking pictures at the wedding (except for the one below), so I hope the photographer's are great. We didn't even get a picture of me and Erik in our custom made clothes. We did manage to get a few shots at the rehearsal.
We were lucky to get a few gorgeous days at the beach, and I filled up on crab cakes and Dogfish Head beer. Mom, Dad, Erik, and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner at The Back Porch in Rehoboth for our last eveing together. This painter was on display, and I am in love with her work. It is fascinating and creepy, and I like the illustration feel.
The latter part of our visit was filled with earrands such as checking on our house (all is well), and visiting with Erik's family. Fortunately, Erik was successful in getting his China work visa processed in the US and was granted another 1-year milti-entry. The Chinese government has limited issuing the multi-entry visa, and this tenuous situation has been a source of stress for months.

No comments: