Thursday, November 27, 2008

Stamp Collecting

I have been spending a lot of time at the post office recently, because I am shipping out the corporate Christmas gift for my job. This has been way more work than you can imagine. Today, there was more activity than usual at the post office, and I had my colleague ask what was going on. The crowds were there to purchase a special stamp series "Judicial" that was only on sale for one day. A special counter was set up where people could have these special stamps canceled with the date they were on sale. I am under the impression that stamp collecting is very popular in Hong Kong. The Chinese postal service was founded in 206 BC, so it has history going for it. Stamp collecting is a good hobby for Hong Kong since it doesn't take much space. The display shown below is about 10 x 15 feet with flashing lights around the stamps. It was a big deal.

No comments: