Monday, February 2, 2009

Year of the Ox

Kung Hei Fat Choi! Chinese New Year was last week, but I am a bit delayed in posting due to Mom and sister's visit to Hong Kong. The visit was great but too short. Time flew by with all the typical Hong Kong sightseeing, eating, and shopping.

At the Big Buddha:
Horseraces on the luckiest day of the year:
Beautiful picture of the harbour just before the fireworks began:
2009 is the year of the Ox.

The OX year is a conservative year, one of traditions and values. This is not a year to be outrageous. A slow but steady year.

This OX year will bring stability and growth where patience and diligence pays off.

This is a year of Harvest - when we reap what we have sown. Take care of business this year, do not let things slide.

I have drafted my resolutions for 2009, and I plan to heed the advice above. My two main goals are to take time for personal reflection and to do service for others. In order to meet these goals, my blogging may become less frequent. Best wishes for a wonderful 2009.

1 comment:

The Fab Miss B said...

You three are so cute! I can definitely see the family resemblance!