Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I love that Hong Kong is so accommodating to have a holiday around my birthday, and this year it meant a 3-day weekend. Friday was Ching Ming Festival when families pay respects to their dead relatives by cleaning off their graves. Many people have little picnics at the cemetery. It is a bit creepy that this holiday is near my birthday and is a reminder that I am getting closer to the grave!?! Regardless, it was lovely to have a long weekend especially when the weather was just perfect.

I started my birthday celebrations on Thursday evening with dinner and drinks with my friend Wenny. Friday, we bought a second-hand rug, and I am really happy with how it looks in the space. Also on Friday, we did some shopping and hanging out in the western area of town called SoHo. Dinner Friday night was margaritas and fish tacos made by me. Saturday, I went for a nice run and we both had our Chinese lesson. I skipped my jewelry class since I don’t have a concrete plan for my next project. We had a small picnic happy hour in the garden space of our apartment building, and then we went out for Chinese food for dinner. On my birthday, we went to the Peak and walked the trail. The Peak is the mountain on Hong Kong Island, and it is a popular tourist attraction because the view is amazing. In the evening, we went to a very nice dinner.

Erik spoiled me with flowers, a book, and a very expensive handbag. This bag is by a local designer, and I have never seen anything like it. It is very well made. I love it. Thank you, Erik.

All in all, it was an excellent birthday.

4 comments:

kelly said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend! dang, we're getting old ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!
Happy Birthday!!!
We were wondering how your day went! My friend Amy and you share the same birthday! She turned thirty this year!
We had Ryan's party on Saturday. It was a lot fun, we missed you guys!
Have a great day (night),
Keri, Keith, Kyle, Ryan and Hershie

aggie94 said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun weekend. The rug looks great, and the bag is GORGEOUS.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!!!